Wednesday, January 5, 2011

TOMS Shoes Gaining Momentum

I've written before about how this company builds buzz (both in my book and here: Seven Elements in Toms Shoes Buzz). In September they gave away the one millionth pair of new shoes to a child in need. They are also growing nicely on Facebook and keep building buzz offline. Here's a small example: Like other supporters, I recently received this envelope from Blake, the company's founder (his official title is Chief Shoe Giver). It's a CD with some music and a bracelet to celebrate their 1 Millionth Milestone. This bracelet, of course, increases the chance that supporters will tell their friends about TOMS. I guess I just did.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emanuel,

    I first came across The Anatomy of Buzz when I saw this post on TOMs Shoes earlier this year, but I've really enjoyed browsing your posts. I wanted to tell you about my company, 4sight Sunglasses, which is built around a social model very similar to TOMs. For every pair of 4sight Sunglasses purchased, we give a new pair of corrective eyeglasses to a person in need. Our website (www.4sightSunglasses.com) launched and we started selling sunglasses about two weeks ago.

    I would love to hear your thoughts and any advice you might have for a young social entrepreneur. It would be wonderful if you wanted to write something about 4sight. I think our model and mission are well-aligned with the focus of your blog, and I hope that your readers would be excited to hear about a project like 4sight, particularly at such an early stage. I will happily provide any photos or other materials that you'd like to see.

    Thank you for all the wonderful content you've made available on your blog. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Best,
    Ben Midanek
    ben@4sightSunglasses.com

    ReplyDelete